55066Re: preserving folding during :TOhtml?

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    Nov 22, 2004
      On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 at 3:46pm, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Peoter Veliki wrote:
      >
      > > I'd like to use :TOhtml to generate and HTML file of my source code,
      > > but I'd like to be able to set the fold levels in my code and and then
      > > convert it to HTML without expanding the folds. For example, with the
      > > folds set tot he maximum (zM) the file looks like an API with a list
      > > of the functions and a description of each. I'd like to generate an
      > > HTML file that preserves this view. Can this be done?
      > >
      > > If not, anyone figured out a good hack for doing this, other than say
      > > doing a series of 'Print Screens'? (I tried that, it was a
      > > nightmare.)
      > >
      > > What would be really cool is if when it generated the HTML file, it
      > > created a whole set of HTML files that were all linked, where instead
      > > of opening a fold, you'd click on a hyperlink that shows that opens
      > > another HTML page with the contents of that fold, and so on and so
      > > fourth. That would be extremely slick. Project!
      >
      > Peter Bismuti wrote:
      >
      > > I have to give a code presentation and wish to print out my code using
      > > :TOhtml and have the current folding preserved to collapse comments,
      > > sections that are irrelelvant (ugly) and reveal only the sections that
      > > are important. Can this be done?
      >
      > The 2html script in Vim 7 can now preserve folding. It also works for
      > diff mode with all the coloring.
      >
      > Vim 7 is still in early development. It works, but I can't say how
      > stable it is. You need to get it from CVS, there are no binaries.

      Does that mean Vim 7 has new functions to query HL groups directly, for
      those who don't have a linked syntax group? I have been looking for
      such functions for a long time, especially to limit searches to diff
      regions etc. Ability to create HTML with diff coloring should be very
      useful.

      --
      Thank a lot,
      Hari