54647spell checking with Vim on OS X

  • John Magolske
    Oct 31, 2004
      I'm running Gui Vim 6.3 on OS X 10.3.5, and can't seem to get spell
      checking to work.

      vimspell.vim has been Copied into the ~/.vim/plugin directory

      When the <Leader>ss command is issued, the following shows up at the
      bottom of the screen:
      Spell check done: 1 possible spell errors in 1 words.

      This is only response I can get, regardless of how many misspelled
      words are in a document. No words are highlighted.

      Also, as per
      http://aspell.net/man-html/Using-Aspell-with-other-Applications.html#Using%20Aspell%20with%20other%20Applications
      I tried putting this in the .vimrc file:
      map ^T :w!<CR>:!aspell check %<CR>:e! %<CR>

      but when issuing the ^T command, the following shows up at the bottom
      of the screen:

      :!aspell check /Users/johnm/.vim/doc/vimspell.txt
      /bin/bash: line 1:
      aspell: command not found

      shell returned 127

      Any suggestions or pointers much appreciated,

      John
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic