54603RE: viminfo, args and --remote

  • Keith Roberts
    Oct 28, 2004

      IIUC, wasn't one of the reasons for avoiding the viminfo entirely (when
      filename(s) are specified in the command) so that the right-click "Edit
      with Vim" wouldn't interfere with an existing viminfo in that directory?

      Hmmm... Scanning thru starting.txt, under *startup-options* I see a
      command argument '-i', which looks like it was made for this purpose.
      So maybe a new argument '-I', which is identical to '-I', except that
      any filenames specified are *merged* with the buffer list from the
      existing viminfo?
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic