      I use gvim as editor and/or viewer inside several applications.
      Nearly each of them writes the whole path of gvim into the registry.
      Hence I've had a lot of registry entries like "foo=c:\...\VIMxyz\gvim.exe".

      Really annoying if I changed the VIM version.

      Therefore since some time I'm using a junction point. At the moment VIM is a

      junction point to VIM63. And all my apps are configured to use VIM, not
      VIM63.

      IMHO very practical. My next vim update should be very simple :-)

      Regards, Bernd
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic