52198RE: Supplying repeat count for part of a macro

  • Trebor Sreyb
    Aug 2, 2004
      Thanks, Dave, block-wise seems more appropriate for my
      goal.

      Only problem I've had is that my version of vim (6.2)
      does not leave my cursor where I started, using
      I{string}<ESC>. Are you sure it is supposed to return
      to the starting point?

      I noticed, however, that after the insert, `]
      (backtick-]) gets me there.

      Same with other operations (eg, x<ESC>) - I'm left at
      the ending point, not the starting point.

      I'd really like to be returned to my starting point,
      so any further suggestions appreciated.

      Others came up with solutions based more closely to my
      original approach. However, blockwise operations seems
      the most straightforward approach.

      thanks,
      -bb

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic