50593Re: Bug or feature? [-] for helpfiles when 'statusline' nonempty

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    May 30 11:36 AM
      Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      [...]
      > I don't know why you expected %m to behave this way. The docs
      > mention:
      >
      > m F Modified flag, text is " [+]" or " [-]" if 'modifiable' is off.
      >
      > The idea is that a "normal" file doesn't show anything. It is not
      > normal for a file to be not modifiable.
      >
      > With 'statusline' empty something a bit more clever is done,
      > mentioning "help" is enough to let the user know what kind of buffer
      > it is.

      So I was mistaken. No way to reproduce the behaviour of the empty option
      (let's say I want to make a small change at another point of the status
      line), other than by means of an explicit expression, is there? Oh, well.
      Every day brings its bit of learning. Guess I'll have to nest (?:) operators
      there.