503442html.vim script question

  • Charles H. Shooshan III
    May 20, 2004
      Hi!

      I'm using Vim 6.2.233 on a Mac with OS X 10.3.3. I have been trying to
      generate html files from java files (with gvim) from the Terminal (bash
      shell) command-line with some limited success.

      This works but produces the colors from vim not gvim version (washed
      out):
      vim -c "runtime! syntax/2html.vim" -c "wq" -c "q" Hello.java

      Any attempt to duplicate this command for gvim fails with various error
      messages (missing arguments, etc.).

      The help files mention a shell script like:
      for f in *.java; do gvim -f +"syn on" +"run! syntax/2html.vim" +"wq"
      +"q" $f; done
      but that fails as well.

      From within the GUI, the following works (nice colors) but doesn't
      help me in automating the process:
      :runtime! syntax/2html.vim

      So, any idea how to capture the GUI colors from a shell command or
      script?

      Thanks for any help,
      Charlie

      P.S. Not related to Vim, but if any Java gurus have any trick as to how
      to incorporate syntax highlighted source code in a Javadoc, I would
      appreciate it (the linksource switch only incorporates source code as
      plain text).
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic