49810regex: multiline search limited to blocks

  • Hari Krishna Dara
    May 3, 2004
      While searching for queries in Oracle (pl/sql), I use the \_[^;] atom to
      limit the multi-line search to one statement, and it works remarkably
      well in most of the cases. E.g.:

      /select\_[^;]\+from\s\+mytable

      Unfortunately, MSSQL doesn't enforce a statement terminator (t-sql), so
      the best I can do is assume that a statement is one block of lines
      (containing no empty lines), so limit the search to the block. Now can
      anyone help me create a regex for this? I presume I need to somehow
      avoid \_$ appearing right after \_^ (with optional whitespace in
      between), but I can't figureout how to express this.

      Thanks a lot,
      Hari