48154RE: Keypresses being ignored - Solaris GTK

  • William.Fulton@ubs.com
    Mar 3, 2004

      It will happen with anything one types. In fact if I type out the alphabet instead, this is what I get:

      abdfgijkmoqsuvwyzpublic:

      Same occurs if I insert text at the beginning of the following line, but all the other lines are okay. I've tried very hard to find a pattern, but can't. It can occur with any of the insert type commands, like i or a and seems to affect only certain lines. I get the same problem if instead of appending X, I insert of append anything on the first two lines. This is a repeatable case, but it seemingly happens at random when editing.

      >Did you try setting 'imdisable'? Just guessing... Hmm, "-multi_byte"
      >suggests that you don't use XIM, thus this would not be the problem.
      >
      >> Compiler: gcc 3.1
      >
      >Try building without optimizing. Some gcc versions have a broken
      >optimizer.
      >
      >> Built with: /sbcimp/run/pd/gtk/1.2.10
      >> /sbcimp/run/pd/perl/5.8.0/bin
      >> /sbcimp/run/pd/python/2.2/bin
      >> /sbcimp/run/pd/tcl/8.3.2/bin
      >
      >Try without perl/python/tcl. They may cause another library to be used
      >(threaded).

      I've got a corporate build and I couldn't get vim's configure to find gtk. Also it worked from another Solaris (5.6) box. Anyway I have switched from using Reflection as my X server (on Windows) to XFree86 with Cygwin and all is well now. I also tried Exceed and it gave the same problem. It is possibly an X server issue. Anyway I've bypassed the problem, thanks for all the suggestions.

      William

      --

      Visit our website at http://www.ubs.com

      for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you
      should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please

      arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore
      of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
      verification is required please request a hard-copy version. This
      related financial instruments.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic