47415Re: virus attachments

  • Andrei A. Voropaev
    Feb 3, 2004
      On Mon, Feb 02, 2004 at 09:46:40AM -0800, jonah wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I've been receiving 10-20 emails from the vim mailing list everyday that Yahoo!
      > Mail Virus Protection marks as "Alert: Virus Detected but Not Cleaned." Is
      > everyone getting these? Is there some way we can stop them?

      Even if list software was detecting those things and wouldn't send
      further, there is still a chance that some bad guy would put vim-list
      address into the To: field and 1000 regular addresses into the Bcc field
      and send it that way. If one of those 1000 is yours then you get that
      mail thinking that it came from vim list. Of course the headers can
      help, but how many are looking at the headers? :)

      Andrei
    • Show all 43 messages in this topic