47347Re: Highlight non ASCII char

  • Gary Johnson
    Feb 1, 2004
      On 2004-02-01, Hiroshi Iwatani <HGA03630@...> wrote:
      > Thanks but ...
      >
      > Tony's ?solution? doesn't work.
      > And Steve's function is not what I need.
      >
      > Then MY ?solution? also doesn't work:
      >
      > highlight EvilChars guibg=Magenta
      > match EvilChars /[00-1f80-ff]/ <-- input via Ctrl-V, confirmed on Hex mode
      >
      > Please help till I be helped!

      I don't understand just what's not working, or how it is not
      working, so it's hard to know what to suggest. I think your problem
      may be that vim already colors such characters specially and that
      vim's built-in rules seem to override the match rules. Try this and
      see if it gives you the results you want.

      hi SpecialKey NONE
      hi link SpecialKey EvilChars

      HTH,
      Gary