46378RE: Syntax region endpoints

  • Keith Roberts
    Dec 31, 2003

      I shall take a stab at this ...

      If the start and end are keywords in your syntax file, then make the region
      transparent. As long as the keywords have a color, that's what you'll see.

      If they are matches, you still might be able to do the same, but I'm not at
      all sure about that. Same proviso about hilighting the matches.

      If all else fails, create a region which defines everything between the
      start and end patterns, Contained (adding it as a Contains in the original
      region). But that is both ugly and inefficient, I'm sure.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic