45553Re: E33: No previous substitute regular expression

  • Gary Johnson
    Nov 26, 2003
      On 2003-11-26, Mike Blocker <mrb123@...> wrote:
      > continuing in function <SNR>3_SynSet
      > Searching for "C:\Program Files\vim/vimfiles/after\syntax/help.vim"
      > Searching for "C:\Docume~1\Admini~1\MyDocu~1/vimfiles/after\syntax/help.vim"
      > line 24: " endif
      >
      > line 25: endif
      >
      > function <SNR>3_SynSet returning #0
      >
      > continuing in Syntax Auto commands for "*"
      >
      > line 41: if !s:did_ft
      >
      > line 42: doautoall filetypedetect BufRead
      >
      > E33: No previous substitute regular expression
      > E33: No previous substitute regular expression
      > E33: No previous substitute regular expression

      I don't know. It seems odd to me that there is no :ex command
      printed along with those errors. Nevertheless, I fired up gvim 6.2
      on my Windows2000 box as

      gvim -N -u NONE -U NONE

      then executed

      :set verbose=15
      :redir @a
      :syn on
      :redir END

      and pasted "a into the buffer. In the region you captured above, I
      have:

      line 24: " endif

      line 25: endif

      function <SNR>3_SynSet returning #0

      continuing in Syntax Auto commands for "*"

      line 41: if !s:did_ft

      line 42: doautoall filetypedetect BufRead

      Executing BufRead Auto commands for "*"
      autocommand if !did_filetype() && expand("<amatch>") !~ g:ft_ignore_pat | runtime! scripts.vim | endif

      line 0: if !did_filetype() && expand("<amatch>") !~ g:ft_ignore_pat | runtime! scripts.vim | endif

      line 0: runtime! scripts.vim | endif

      Searching for "scripts.vim" in "C:\Documents and Settings\garyjohn/vimfiles,C:\Vim/vimfiles,C:\Vim\vim62,C:\Vim/vimfiles/after,C:\Documents and Settings\garyjohn/vimfiles/after"
      Searching for "C:\Documents and Settings\garyjohn/vimfiles\scripts.vim"
      Searching for "C:\Vim/vimfiles\scripts.vim"
      Searching for "C:\Vim\vim62\scripts.vim"
      line 0: sourcing "C:\Vim\vim62\scripts.vim"
      line 1: " Vim support file to detect file types in scripts

      I did not have any lines saying:

      continuing in function <SNR>3_SynSet
      Searching for "C:\Program Files\vim/vimfiles/after\syntax/help.vim"
      Searching for "C:\Docume~1\Admini~1\MyDocu~1/vimfiles/after\syntax/help.vim"

      So _maybe_ you have a private scripts.vim file that contains an
      error, or _maybe_ you have a private filetype.vim with a BufRead
      autocommand that contains an error, but without any better idea of
      what command is causing those errors, it's difficult to say. I hope
      someone else will catch something I'm not seeing.

      Gary

      --
      Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies
      garyjohn@... | Wireless Division