      From: Gary Holloway [mailto:gary@...]
      Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 12:47 PM
      To: Mike Blocker; vim@...
      Subject: RE: E33: No previous substitute regular expression

      When you say "edit a file", is it always the same type of file (i.e., file
      extentsion)? Sounds like there's a problem with the syntax file for the
      particular syntax that's being associated with the file you're editing.

      Try editing a "plain" file (e.g., "foo".

      / FROM: "Mike Blocker" <mrb123@...>, Nov 26 12:39 2003
      | ABOUT: RE: E33: No previous substitute regular expression
      |
      | "gvim -u NONE" works okay, but when I run "syntax on" the 3 messages
      | pop up.

      | |
      | | E33: No previous substitute regular expression
      | |
      | | repeated 3 times every time I edit a file. I've tried switching to
      | | the example _gvimrc and _vimrc files, but that didn't help.
      | |
      | | Any ideas?
      | |
      | | Thanks,