44817RE: How to increase the height of the command line

  • Patrick Williamson
    Nov 3, 2003
      this is along the lines of a feature that is in Vi but not in Vim (on winxp, anyway).

      if, in 'vi', you press 'Q', you get a command-line that doesn't disappear when you type your next command. so, for example, you can type Qf<return> (to list the filename), or Qls<return> to list all files in current directory, and then continue typing commands (whilst retaining the command output), until typing "vi" to return to normal mode.

      is there a way of achieving this in 'vim'?

      TIA

      Patrick

      *************************Internet Email Confidentiality Footer*************************
      Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. If you are not
      the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to
      such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you
      should destroy this message, and notify us immediately. If you or your employer does
      not consent to Internet email messages of this kind, please advise us immediately.
      Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not given
      or endorsed by my firm or employer, unless otherwise indicated by an authorised
      representative independent of this message. This Email has been scanned for viruses
      by eSafe Protect Gateway.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic