43802Re: My girlfriend started using gvim on Windows

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Oct 1 9:51 AM
      Lukas Ruf <ruf@...> wrote:
      > Dear all,
      > I convinced my girlfriend of using gvim on Windows. However, she
      > is not fascinated of first typing 'i' to start insert mode.
      > So, my question is: is there any way to configure gvim such that it
      > immediately starts in insert mode ON WINDOWS? And how?
      > Thanks in advance!
      > wbr,
      > Lukas
      > --
      > Lukas Ruf | Wanna know anything about raw |
      > <http://www.lpr.ch> | IP? <http://www.rawip.org> |

      She might want to use the shortcut dubbed "gvimEasy" which was normally
      created during Vim installation. Though why want to cripple Vim by forcing
      it permanently into insert mode, that's beyond me.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic