43799RE: My girlfriend started using gvim on Windows

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Oct 1, 2003
      Geoffrey Mann wrote:

      > A previous girlfriend of mine switched to emacs. Needless to say,
      > the relationship went nowhere.

      Great remark to use as a quote! :-)

      > see
      > :help start
      >
      > you could place this in the=20
      > if has("autocmd")
      > start
      > endif " has("autocmd")
      > of her _vimrc file
      >
      > That way it will start up in insert mode.

      A more drastic way is starting "evim" or "vim -y".

      67. Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours. You start
      to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access
      number. You try to hum to communicate with the modem. You succeed.