43796RE: My girlfriend started using gvim on Windows

  • Geoffrey Mann
    Oct 1, 2003
      Lukas,
      My first advice is don't mix software and girlfriends.
      If she makes you choose between VIM and her, what will you do? :)
      Can you live without VIM?
      A previous girlfriend of mine switched to emacs. Needless to say,
      the relationship went nowhere.
      JK

      see
      :help start

      you could place this in the
      if has("autocmd")
      start
      endif " has("autocmd")
      of her _vimrc file

      That way it will start up in insert mode.