43043Re: [vim] syntax-files and spellchecking

  • Charles E. Campbell
    Sep 3, 2003
      On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 01:25:35PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:
      > Ah, yes! An opportunity to add another option! We can't have enough
      > of them!

      Strings are definitely likely to add considerable numbers of errors.
      I think its more trouble than an extra-option would be worth, myself.
      I've added the @Spell cluster to 13 syntax highlighting files...

      On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:13:31PM +0200, Luc Hermitte wrote:
      > [However, that just concerns _my_ spellchecker plugin. The other
      > similar plugins I know about just "parse" [1] the whole file -- correct
      > me if I'm wrong. In other words, I can't speak for the developers of the
      > other spellchecker plugins. I am just guessing that the end-users will
      > be interrested in highlighting comments and strings.]

      Engspchk checks non-highlighted text, plus some syntax highlighted
      files that had their comments containing a cluster (to which I could
      add spellchecking). Its next release will include @Spell.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

      --