43008Re: ./configure vim when compiler is not in standard location

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Sep 2, 2003
      Jose Quesada wrote:

      > Is there any way to tell the ./configure script to look for gcc and
      > libraries in a non-standard location? For example, istead of going for
      > /usr/local/bin, lib, etc, it should look in, e.g., $HOME/opt/bin
      > $HOME/opt/include $HOME/opt/share $HOME/opt/lib... etc.
      >
      > The system I''m using has gcc 2.7.2 only... i have gcc 3.3.1 in my home,
      > hence the question.

      You could try:

      setenv CC $HOME/opt/bin/cc
      make

      > And, when make gets to syntax.c, I invariably get:
      > gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_MOTIF -I/usr/dt/include
      > -g -O2
      > -o objects/syntax.o
      > syntax.c
      > Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 11

      This either means the compiler itself is broken or the hardware it runs
      on is broken (bad memory chips give the same error). If it's
      consistently happening in the same place then it's probably the
      compiler.

      --
      "Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
      -- Scott Adams, Dilbert.