42229Re: ftplugin errors

  • Luc Hermitte
    Aug 3, 2003
      Hello,

      * On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 05:01:55AM +0300, Aaron <aamehl@...> wrote:
      > > Almost every option can be local to a buffer. Check the associated help.
      > >
      > > BTW, it is same thing with mappings and commands : prefer them to be
      > > local. -> ":inoremap <buffer> ... ...", ":command -buffer ...
      > > ...",
      > Does that mean for every key mapping I must :setlocal???

      No, they should be local (this is more logical). A mapping is defined as
      local with '<buffer>', a command with '-buffer', ...
      Check:
      :h :map-<buffer>
      :h :command

      [Note: there is no direct help to ":command -buffer " ...]

      You can found examples of typical (but yet complex) ftplugin on my web
      site at this address:
      http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/ftplugin/

      --
      Luc Hermitte