41453Re: vim 6.2 installation/compile error

  • Aschwin Marsman
    Jul 3, 2003
      On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Mark Thornber wrote:

      > At 20:53 02/07/03, Aschwin Marsman wrote:
      > >On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Mike Wang wrote:
      > >
      > > > Thanks, Aschwin. I changed the osdef.h per your suggestion and was
      > > able to compile the source codes.
      > >
      > >You're welcome. Can you send the declarations to the list, so that
      > >we can try to solve this problem without the need for manual
      > >patching the source?
      >

      > Interesting - I had a similar problem compiling vim6.2 on Solaris 8 using
      > gcc. The compile tripped up over strcasecmp first but as I hacked osdef.h
      > more and more declarations clashed. Also gcc whinged about system include
      > files being specified and it was changing the include order.
      >
      > In the end I moved to a box with Forte 6 installed and every thing worked fine.
      >

      > I came to the conclusion that configure was unable to detect a mixed system
      > - fine with all GNU (no problems on Debian) and fine with all Sun Forte 6
      > but not happy with gcc and solaris 8 include files.
      >
      > I can recreate the problem and post the definitive errors if needed.

      Please do so, if we are working on trying to solve these problems, we better
      solve the ones that looks the same. Which gcc version did you use?

      > HTH

      Have fun,

      Aschwin Marsman

      --
      aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
      P.O. box 134 NL-7600 AC Almelo - the Netherlands