41413Re: "Silent" loading of plugins.

  • Gary Johnson
    Jul 1 11:48 PM
      On 2003-07-01, Christian Dysthe <christian@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, 01 Jul 2003, Benji Fisher wrote:
      > >
      > > I think that
      > >
      > > :silent source script.vim
      > >
      > i> should work. You are still not giving many details about how you load your
      > > vim scripts.
      >
      > I want this spell checker plug-in to load when I edit mail in mutt
      > where vim is set as editor. I have this in my .vimrc:
      >
      > autocmd BufRead $HOME/.temp/mutt* so ~/.vim/plugin/engspchk.vim
      >
      > Since this is a spell checker I want it to load and do it's thing
      > every time my email client (mutt) opens vim for email editing without
      > sending anything to the terminal. Since I am opening vim from mutt in
      > this case the terminal output from the script is annoying and not
      > something I want to see every time I write or reply to email. Again,
      > removing all the output stuff from the script did the trick, but I
      > would like to know if it's possible to load plug-ins without a hack
      > like the one I did by removing all of the scripts output.
      > >
      > > :help :silent :help :source

      So, did adding 'silent' to your autocommand like this work or not?

      autocmd BufRead $HOME/.temp/mutt* silent so ~/.vim/plugin/engspchk.vim

      This should also work:

      autocmd BufRead $HOME/.temp/mutt* silent normal \ec

      since, being in your plugin directory, engspchk.vim should already
      be loaded automatically.

      Gary

      --
      Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies