41252Re: [vim] Removing a highlight group

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Jun 25, 2003
      --- "Charles E. Campbell" <cec@...> wrote:
      > On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 03:12:28PM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
      > > How do I remove (not clear) a highlight group? I have defined a
      > > highlight group like this:
      > >
      > > :hi link xyz Search
      > >
      > > How do I remove the new xyz highlight group?
      > :hi[ghlight] clear {group-name}
      > This command actually *removes* the highlighting group. Test and
      > see:
      > :hi[ghlight] {group-name}

      No. The "highlight clear" command is not removing the highlighting

      Look at the following set of commands:

      :hi xyz
      E411: highlight group not found: xyz

      :hi link xyz Search
      xyz xxx links to Search

      :hi clear xyz

      :hi xyz
      xyz xxx links to Search

      As you can see, even after clearing the "xyz" highlight group,
      it is still linked to the "Search" highlight group. I expected,
      after clearing the highlight group, I will get the E411 error.

      - Yegappan

      Do you Yahoo!?