40494Re: 6.2: command line options (like +) appear as ex commands

  • Neil Bird
    Jun 3, 2003
      Around about 03/06/2003 09:05, Neil Bird typed ...
      > I'll report back if I find anything that makes sense :-/

      Nope, I'm stuck :-(

      The other thing whose removal 'stopped' the problem was Dr. Chips C
      Stubs plugin - and again, it was the mere 'function! <SID>' existence
      that did it.

      There are no messages, and (oddly) with -V I don't see the output
      that normally causes the prompt (:call foreground() etc.) - unless
      that's lost in the 'truncated...' bit of the popup you get from Win32
      gvim initially.

      I get a few lines over verbosity in the gvim window that's then wiped
      (but seem to end up in :messages) then a page full (+ prompt) then
      another partial page (but no prompt). I've stepped through this and
      can't see the aforementioned output.

      The only common factor seems to be an ftplugin-defined <SID>
      function. If I use the same IDE/mechanism to edit a file for which I
      have no ftplugin (e.g., .s ASM) it comes up OK.

      One more thing to check ...

      HA! If I don't set 'lazyredraw' in my _vimrc the problem doesn't
      occur. Does that help, Bram?

      [neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature
      [neil@fnx ~]# exit