39472Re: mswin.vim

  • Gary Johnson
    Apr 30, 2003
      On 2003-04-30, Tom Smith <tom@...> wrote:
      > Will removing this file (mswin.vim) cause any side effects? It seems to
      > be causing some wierd problems that, when run as "gvim -u NONE -U NONE",
      > are no longer present.

      It depends on what you think of as "side effects." One person's
      side effects are another person's features.

      Seriously, I wouldn't remove the file--simply delete or comment-out
      the line

      source $VIMRUNTIME/mswin.vim

      from C:\Vim\_vimrc. You may also want to delete or comment-out
      the line

      behave mswin

      Personally, I like gvim on my Windows box to behave identically to vim
      on my Unix systems, so I remove both those lines and

      source $VIMRUNTIME/vimrc_example.vim

      as well, then add relevant parts of my Unix ~/.vimrc.

      HTH,
      Gary

      --
      Gary Johnson | Agilent Technologies