39450Re: Where did escape go?

  • Dirk Schenkewitz
    Apr 30, 2003
      Benji Fisher schrieb:

      > Benji Fisher wrote:
      > > Dirk Schenkewitz wrote:
      > >
      > >> "noremap a :highlight Normal guibg=MistyRose<cr>a"
      > >>
      > >> has this "<cr>" in it. That might affect something, but I'm just
      > >> guessing, and even if it's true I have no idea how to get around it.
      > >> I'm merely a bloody beginner to vim...
      > >>
      > >> Can anyone of the experts tell us, please?
      > >

      > > Yes, that's the problem. Now, when you type "gqap" (starting in
      > > Normal mode) it gets expanded to "gq:highlight Normal
      > > guibg=MistyRose<cr>ap" and the : aborts the gq command.
      >
      > P.S. After the "gq", vim is in Operator-pending mode, so one solution is to use
      > an :nnoremap (applies only in Normal mode) instead of a :noremap (Normal,
      > Visual, and Operator-pending modes).
      >
      > :help vim-modes
      > :help map-modes
      >
      > HTH --Benji Fisher

      I just changed these line and tried "gqap" (although I had no idea what it does
      - stop laughing...) and it looks like it works. At least it does something, it
      looks like it deleted and/or formatted some lines, whatever... I used 'u' to get
      everything back.

      Hmmm.. what if I want to switch from visual to input mode (6 modes! plus 5
      additional!! (*shiver*)!!)

      Many thanks for your help, Benjy!!

      have fun!
      dirk
      --
      Dirk Schenkewitz

      InterFace AG fon: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 126
      Leipziger Str. 16 fax: +49 (0)89 / 610 49 - 83
      D-82008 Unterhaching
      http://www.interface-ag.de mailto:dirk.schenkewitz@...
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic