36566RE: WinXP right-click edit menu

  • David Fishburn
    Feb 5, 2003
      The only thing I can find in this directory is:
      11/13/2001 3:01a 39 .cvsignore
      8/04/2002 4:25p 23,784 gvimext.cpp
      1/16/2000 7:41p 191 gvimext.def
      8/04/2002 4:25p 4,319 gvimext.h
      8/20/2000 6:06p 588 gvimext.inf
      9/02/2001 4:45p 2,795 gvimext.rc
      2/25/2002 11:44a 749 GvimExt.reg
      8/27/2001 5:13p 601 Makefile
      9/02/2001 4:45p 297 Make_bc5.mak
      3/11/2002 6:16p 4,174 README.txt
      1/16/2000 7:41p 410 resource.h
      1/16/2000 7:41p 66 uninst.bat

      I only see a borland mak file.
      I use CVS to get the source.

      I am missing something? I use Microsoft to compile.

      TIA,
      Dave

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Dan Sharp [mailto:dwsharp@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 1:15 PM
      To: vim@...; vim@...
      Subject: RE: WinXP right-click edit menu

      >From: <vim@...>
      >
      > > Also, as of patch 6.1.149, you can automatically select 2-4 files
      > > and open them in diff mode with the "Diff with Vim" option. Really
      > > nice for quickly
      > > comparing different versions of a file.
      >
      >I don't seem to have this feature even though I'm running 6.1.284. I
      >can
      >see "Edit with multiple Vims", and "Edit with single Vim", but not
      "Diff
      >with Vim". Am I missing anything?
      >
      >This would be one of the features I've been craving for. 8-)

      You will need to compile gvimext.dll separately, since it is not done
      automatically by the Vim makefiles. Look in the vim61\gvimext directory
      for
      the source. You can use the MSVC++ or Borland compilers, or if you have

      time, you could lok at the vim-dev archives from last month and get the
      patches to compile gvimext.dll with the MinGW compiler. The README.txt
      in
      that same directory should get you going.

      Dan Sharp