36455Re: WinXP right-click edit menu

  • Colin Keith
    Feb 3, 2003
      Another quick one I just discovered, if you have to suffer using IE you
      can change the View Source Editor using:

      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor]
      @=""
      [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor\Editor Name]
      @="c:\\vim\\vim61\\gvim.exe"

      It'll need a _vimrc tweak to set syntax highlighting to html for everything
      in "Temporary Internet Files" (or wherever you choose to store the temp
      files) as half of them open without extensions so Vim can't apply syntax
      highlighting.

      Could be useful though. I might force this one someone at work to see what
      the reaction would be :) They like the fact that Vim can do anything they
      want, but everyone else has been too heavily programmed to break out.
      Everytime I turn my back they slip back to using Notepad :-)
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic