36417Re: WinXP right-click edit menu

  • Colin Keith
    Feb 3 7:18 AM
      On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:48:30AM -0500, digitect@... wrote:
      > A recent update to Windows XP has removed my "right click to edit"
      > menu item for gvim. But I can't seem to find the installer file that
      > does this and install.exe doesn't present the option either. Help!

      --- [cut here] ---
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

      [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\gvim]
      @="{51EEE242-AD87-11d3-9C1E-0090278BBD99}"

      --- [end here] ---

      Copy into a .reg file and run to install in the registry.

      At least it is for me :-)

      Col.

      --
      The next time you moan about spam, remember its there because; YOU "just hit
      delete", YOU won't report the offense, YOU don't demand new laws, YOU buy