35529Re: Problem with menu item

  • Benji Fisher
    Jan 1, 2003
      Klaus Bosau wrote:
      > On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >

      >>Klaus Bosau wrote:
      >>

      >>>[source'ing experiment]
      >>>
      >>>Now I'm wondering a bit if there might be something like an upper
      >>>limit on the amount of source'd material. What do you think?
      >>
      >>I suppose that is possible, but I still suspect some sort of conflict
      >>between the scripts. I would look closely at the parts of the two
      >>scripts that, when deleted, lead to a working system. Do things start
      >>working as soon as you delete ANY plugin (such as the standard ones,
      >>in $VIMRUNTIME/plugin/ )?
      >

      > Yes. I have to ensure however that the size of the moved material is
      > about equal to the size of the initially moved plugin. - How large is
      > the amount of sourced material in your local environment, Benji? Do you
      > run plugins not shipped with Vim too? And if yes, which ones? (Sorry for
      > I'm asking so much questions...)

      Since your answer is "yes," I am coming around to your point of
      view. I do not use all that many plugins. I do use the LaTeX suite,
      http://www.vim.org/script.php?script_id=475
      and $VIMRUNTIME/macros/matchit.vim .

      What is your OS? How many plugins (in KB, say) do you use? If it
      really is an out-of-memory problem, it should be possible to reproduce
      with your testmenu.vim and enough dummy functions (defined but not
      invoked) of the form

      fun! Dummy1()
      echo "This is dummy function #1."
      let foo = 1