34874Re: Line change notification

  • Sylvain Viart
    Dec 1, 2002
      Hi Todd,

      Todd Musall wrote:

      > Suppose I have a buffer and I've inserted a new word in lines 2, 7,
      > and 14. Undo certainly knows these three lines are changed so it can
      > "undo" each change in turn. Is there someway of getting this same
      > information, ie. the list of changed lines, from a script?

      So you may tell the answer. If undo can bring your change back,
      you could try to undo / redo the changes and try to match the line.

      You can also make a copy of the line an diff them... Probably not
      what you want.

      Could you give us the reason of the detection ?
      What do you want to do ?

      Hope That Helps,
      --
      - Sylvain Viart -