34871Re: Line change notification

  • Todd Musall
    Dec 1, 2002
      Sylvain,

      I know about `. but that isn't what I'm after. Suppose I have a buffer
      and I've inserted a new word in lines 2, 7, and 14. Undo certainly knows
      these three lines are changed so it can "undo" each change in turn. Is
      there someway of getting this same information, ie. the list of changed
      lines, from a script? That's what I'm trying to do.

      I couldn't find anything in help so I'm guessing this information isn't
      available. I hope I'm wrong though ;-)

      Regards,
      -Todd

      On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 06:51, Sylvain Viart wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > Todd Musall wrote:
      > >
      > > I know Vim has b:changedtick to tell if a buffer is changed, but is
      > > there anyway to determine which lines within the buffer are changed?
      > >

      > May be `. will help you.
      >
      > :he `.
      >
      > Regards,
      > --