32885Re: Foo.vim - mappings

  • Benji Fisher
    Oct 3, 2002
      On Thursday, October 3, 2002, at 10:05 AM, David Fishburn wrote:

      > I downloaded foo.vim, since it had a number of functions that I would
      > like to use (Mark, Count and so on).

      [snip]
      > Since foo.vim is meant to be part educational, is it possible to leave
      > the mappings comment out or something. That way unsuspecting people do
      > not run into problems (and can't figure it out).
      >
      > I really appreciate the plugin and the work it does.
      >
      > I simply commented out the mappings, I am just thinking about other
      > users, who might spend sometime trying to figure out where the problem
      > is.
      >
      > Just a comment, thanks for the plugin.

      You say "part" educational. The other part being what? ;)

      I think a safer way to use foo.vim is to copy the parts that you
      find useful. (Add a comment about where you got them, out of
      courtesy.) Commenting out the mappings fits with the revisions I have
      in mind for the next version of foo.vim, but do not hold your breath
      waiting. ;)

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic