31821Re: setting font and fontsize in VIM

  • Antoine J. Mechelynck
    Aug 30, 2002
      From: "Mark Khemma" <mkhemma@...>
      To: <vim@...>
      Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2002 3:15 AM
      Subject: setting font and fontsize in VIM

      > Hello ascii manglers,
      >
      > how do i set the font and the font size in gvim?
      > i know how to set the gui font type but not the
      > font size or its attributs.
      >
      > :set gfn=courier turns my window to courier turns to its obvious font
      > type, but what is the :set command which sets the size? And if i download
      > new fonts will gvim detect them? would i have to put them in a specific
      > folder?
      > thanks,
      > mark .k

      If you :set guifont=* you'll get a font menu where you can set, among other
      things, the font's size. Once you have set it, do :set guifont? to see what
      has been set. In my currently-open W98 gvim window, I have
      guifont=Lucida_Console:h11:cDEFAULT (h is the height and c is the character
      set).

      see :help 'guifont'