28129Re: Lotus Notes & vim

  • Charles Jie
    May 3 4:51 AM

      When I was in Philips Research, we were forced to accept Notes for mail
      service. No one in our department like the way of Notes for mail.

      Fortunately Notes server provides POP3 (as well as IMAP) access. Some
      guy wrote a server program running in win32, which fetches mail from
      Notes server. As a consequence we can keep on using Netscape messager
      for mail.

      My point is:

      Find solution like this, you'll get rid of Notes and enjoy your
      choice of mail client, as well as your favorite editor like Vim.

      best regards,
      charlie

      On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:53:42AM +0200, Johannes Zellner wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > is there a way to use vim as external editor when creating
      > mails in Lotus Notes?
      >
      > --
      > Johannes
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic