27186Need help: how to emulate gawk with vim script ?

  • Christian MICHON
    Mar 31, 2002
      Hi all vim gurus,

      I already tried to send this through yahoogroups, but
      it failed.

      I'm trying to emulate gawk behaviour of printing
      specified fields/columns using vim script language.

      Why ? Because unless I have gawk installed on a
      win9x box, using :%!awk '{print $4}' for example
      will not work. Note that the problem does not happen
      on un*x boxes ;) and this is very useful... I'd hate
      to lose that mapping if ever migrating to windoze.

      Anyone having a good similar script as a starting
      point ?

      Thx.
      Christian