25669Very magic search

  • Jiri Brezina
    Jan 31, 2002
      Hallo,
      when I'am searching for literal patern, is best 'magic' setting,
      without question. But when search is for regexp, 'very magic'
      serching seems be better one: it save many backslashes and its
      more similar to 'egrep' and friends.

      Well, but in vim isn't any switch (am I right?) for 'very magic' [eg. ":set
      vmagic", or better ":set magic=(v|V|m|M)" ], only is possible switch it on by
      "\v" string. For searching of many regexps is possible remap ":nmap / /\v",
      but when is timeoutlen set, vim is waiting for shortcut. And when is set eg.
      ":cmap vb vert sbuffer" by calamitous error searching string for word which
      starts with 'b' is expanded to "/\vert sbuffer".

      I try write function which remap 'tm' to lower value and after serching back,
      but it works no so good for me.

      Have anyone solution for this?
      Thanks
      Have a really nice Day

      --
      JiriB*

      "If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only
      because they do not realize how complicated life is."
      -- John von Neumann
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic