25663Re: making changes without triggering undo

  • Benji Fisher
    Jan 31, 2002
      "HALIM,SALMAN (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" wrote:

      > thank you; i use a very similar cursor restoring scheme by benji fisher:
      > call Mark() and it returns a string which, when executed, restores the
      > cursor and screen. the problem is that i frequently hit 'u' to undo a
      > change BEFORE i realize that it might not undo quite the change i have in
      > mind and hitting ctrl-r doesn't move the cursor back (and it's too late to
      > mark the original location).
      [snip]

      I am glad to see this getting used, but you forgot to tell people where
      to find it. (Or did you save it when I first posted it to the list?) It is
      in foo.vim, my file of sample vim scripts,

      As for not undoing, I think that it would cause more problems than it is
      worth if it were implemented. Think of all the ways this "feature" could be
      abused and confused!

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic