24750Re: Re: opening files in win NT

  • dman
    Jan 2, 2002
      On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 11:49:16AM -0500, John Kilbourne wrote:
      | I don't know if i messed up somehting in doing this, but I do not
      | have a "gvim.exe" "%1" file, just a gvim.exe, which I have set as the
      | executable. How important is the -space_percent_1 part,

      If you leave out that %1, then gvim gets no arguments and doesn't have
      any clue that you double-clicked on a file or that you want to open
      it. The %1 is a placeholder for the first argument (the file name).
      Just putting <space>%1 is a problem though if you put spaces in a file
      name because space separates arguments. Thus you need to quote the
      argument to keep the spaces where they belong.

      -D

      not sure about the former.
      Albert Einstein
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic