22920Re: problem with netrw plugin, scp and windows path syntax

  • Scott Bolte
    Oct 31, 2001
      On Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:33:07 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I wrote:
      >
      > > The problem is tempname returns a path such as C:/temp/foo.
      > > The external scp command looks at the C:/temp/foo and
      > > interprets C: as a host name instead of the drive component
      > > of a path.
      >
      > Do you perhaps have 'shellslash' set? Try resetting it then.

      I tried setting shellslash and while it did perform as
      expected, it did not alter the basic problem.

      Let me be more concrete in my example. Here are the commands
      I type at a tcsh prompt on a w2k box w/ cygwin:

      % setenv TMP c:/temp
      % C:/usr/local/vim/vim60/gvim.exe scp://wu//tmp/ss

      A separate window is popped up in which the external scp
      command is called. In that window the following messages
      are shown:

      C:\WINNT\system32\cmd.exe /c scp wu:/tmp/ss c:\temp\VIA4.tmp
      ssh: c: No address associated with hostname
      lost connection
      Hit any key to close this window...

      As you can see, the request to the remote host wu is made
      for the file /tmp/ss. My setting TMP is shown to be effective
      by the use of c:\temp. Setting shellslash does result in
      the temporary file switching from c:\temp\VIA4.tmp to
      C:/temp/VIA4.tmp. However, the leading "c:" is still present
      and still confusing scp.

      Scott
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic