17321Re: Vim 5.7 - forcing single window on screen?

  • Janakiraman .S
    Mar 29, 2001
      * Tomas Valusek (tvalusek@...) wrote thusly :

      > Hello,
      >
      > Vim can have multiple windows opened. When only one window is on
      > screen, all the info is on the last screen line. If there are more
      > windows, the info moves from there and every window has its own info
      > on it¹ separation line.
      >
      > How can I force only one window displayed in any time? How to enlarge
      > the help window to occupy entire screen thus having its info on the
      > bottom screen line? It¹ quite important for blind users accessing
      > screen with screenreaders - they then can have defined "active areas"
      > automatically monitored by screen reader - and it¹ hard to define such
      > a region on the status info with no fixed screen location.

      One suggestion would be to use an autocommand to make each window the
      only one. This will also need you to make all buffers hideable so as to
      not lose edits. You'll get the status line at the bottom of the screen
      if you set laststatus to 2

      se hidden
      se ls=2
      au WinEnter * only