16027Re: tags for LaTeX?

  • Darren Hiebert
    Feb 4, 2001
      On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Does anyone use tags with LaTeX? I think it would be pretty easy to
      > write a vim script to generate a tags file from the .aux file. Then, it
      > would take some work to think of a convenient way to use it (i.e., write
      > some macros to use the tags) but I think it can be done. Has anyone
      > already done this? If not, I will, but do not hold your breath waiting!

      Someone anonymously uploaded just last week a bibtex parser for
      ctags-4.0.3 for generating tags for bibtex references from the
      citation in the LaTeX file. I know nothing about TeX or LaTeX, so if
      someone wants to collaborate with me to integrate this into my
      upcoming 5.0 release, I would be happy to put it in.

      The parser can be found at:

      http://sourceforge.net/patch/download.php?id=103486

      --
      Darren Hiebert <darren@...>