15978Re: tags for LaTeX?

  • Alexander Wagner
    Jan 31, 2001
      On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 21:33:38 -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:

      > Does anyone use tags with LaTeX?

      I searched for something like that, but didn't find
      anything. It would be really nice to be able to :ta
      <mysection> or :ta eq:<myequation>. That is, IMHO it would
      be really nice to have something like "ctags --tex" or a
      script that writes a "tags" for TeX.

      > I think it would be pretty easy to write a vim script
      > to generate a tags file from the .aux file. Then, it
      > would take some work to think of a convenient way to
      > use it (i.e., write some macros to use the tags) but
      > I think it can be done.

      IMHO just generating a tags would be the best interface as
      vim allready has some neat functionality to deal with this,
      so one wouldn't need to write a whole set, could use the
      same commands as for C or Fortran code... As far as I saw
      ctags offers also some interface to do it, but it is beyond
      my knowledge and especially my time to do it. Though I'd
      really love to have it.

      > Has anyone already done this? If not, I will, but do not
      > hold your breath waiting!

      Be assured to be proposed for the "Golden VIM honour plate"

      CU/2 (( In the beginning was The Word.
      Alexander Wagner )) And The Word was Content-type: text/plain
      Team OS/2 Franken (( -=[ Team OS/2 Germany #294 ]=-
      Please use only A.Wagner@... or A.Wagner@... for
      replies, even if some other addresses may appear. Thanks!
      --> Get my PGP-key with Subject: Request for PGP-Keys <--
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic