15490Re: syntax shading in help files

  • Benji Fisher
    Dec 31, 2000
      "Michael P. Soulier" wrote:

      > On Sun, Dec 31, 2000 at 10:20:07AM -0500, Benji Fisher wrote:
      >
      > > Does this only happen with help files, or any time you switch
      > > buffers? Try
      > >
      > > :set verbose=8
      > > :help verbose
      >
      > It seemed to work when I brought up a new help topic, but when I hit
      > Ctrl-T to pop back to where I was the syntax shading was gone. Nothing was
      > sourced until I did a "set syntax=help", and then it worked again.
      >
      > Strangeness.

      I agree that it is odd. I wonder if one of the autocommands does
      :syntax off, although :set syntax=help would not help if this were the
      problem.

      Let's get this straight. If you do

      :help
      /intro
      CTRL-]
      CTRL-T

      then the syntax highlighting goes away? Hmm.

      What OS do you use?

      --Benji Fisher
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic