15241Re: echo getting erased.

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Dec 6, 2000
      Devin Weaver wrote:
      > If always had trouble with echo not printing but this one really stumpped me. I
      > need some help figuring out what I'm doing wrong.
      > Here's the function:
      > function MyFunc( )
      > normal! zz
      > echohl WarningMsg
      > echo "Hello World!"
      > echohl None
      > endfunction
      > Now if I run GVIM like this:
      > gvim -u NONE -U NONE large_text_file.txt
      > then the first thing I do is :set nocp
      > and then type in the above function.
      > Then I scroll down a few pages and place the cursor above or below the center
      > line (So the zz command is forced to move the viewport) Then run the funtion
      > you'll see that helloworld is not printed.
      > Any Ideas?

      No idea, I just want to say that I have seen this very problem many
      times over,
      not only on 6.0 which I have reported (you don't say which vim version
      you are
      running). Many times it helps to put another 'echo "something really
      behind the echo you *really* want to see, sometimes you need more of
      those and
      sometimes a batch of echo's disappears without any recovery (that I
      This is particularly annoying when you are debugging a script and you
      out messages that look like *randonly chosen* from a sequence of your

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic