142639How did cygwin compile vim to enable clipboard support while without gui and x

  • 邹俊洋
    Jul 12, 2014
      Note that vim 7.4 in cygwin has clipboard support enabled, which I find is greatly convenient for me to exchange text between windows and the terminal. And in my server with Fedora installed, I just want to compile a vim with the same clipboard support. According to materials I searched, seems that only with gui enabled can the clipboard support do. So, is it possible and if it is, how?

      Here is some ref that may help.

      PS: here's the version info of vim in cygwin.
      $ vim --version
      VIM - Vi IMproved 7.4 (2013 Aug 10, compiled Jun 22 2014 14:31:17)

      +acl +farsi +mouse_netterm +syntax
      +arabic +file_in_path +mouse_sgr +tag_binary
      +autocmd +find_in_path -mouse_sysmouse +tag_old_static
      -balloon_eval +float +mouse_urxvt -tag_any_white
      -browse +folding +mouse_xterm -tcl
      ++builtin_terms -footer +multi_byte +terminfo
      +byte_offset +fork() +multi_lang +termresponse
      +cindent +gettext -mzscheme +textobjects
      -clientserver -hangul_input +netbeans_intg +title
      +clipboard +iconv +path_extra -toolbar
      +cmdline_compl +insert_expand +perl/dyn +user_commands
      +cmdline_hist +jumplist +persistent_undo +vertsplit
      +cmdline_info +keymap +postscript +virtualedit
      +comments +langmap +printer +visual
      +conceal +libcall +profile +visualextra
      +cryptv +linebreak +python/dyn +viminfo
      +cscope +lispindent +python3/dyn +vreplace
      +cursorbind +listcmds +quickfix +wildignore
      +cursorshape +localmap +reltime +wildmenu
      +dialog_con +lua/dyn +rightleft +windows
      +diff +menu +ruby/dyn +writebackup
      +digraphs +mksession +scrollbind -X11
      -dnd +modify_fname +signs -xfontset
      -ebcdic +mouse +smartindent -xim
      +emacs_tags -mouseshape -sniff -xsmp
      +eval +mouse_dec +startuptime -xterm_clipboard
      +ex_extra -mouse_gpm +statusline -xterm_save
      +extra_search -mouse_jsbterm -sun_workshop -xpm