141578Re: Can vim use 24 bit colorscheme in terminal?

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Mar 19, 2014
      On Mo, 17 Mär 2014, Григорий Третьяков wrote:

      >> There is a terminal emulators that can use truecolor (24 bit), for
      >> example konsole, and I wonder can vim use gui colorschemes in
      >> terminal?

      On Windows: can inside ConEmu -- in fact, colors for vim inside ConEmu
      look better than in gui gvim! Color issues for vim inside ConEmu were
      fixed around late January 2014 -- early February 2014, and I have been
      using ConEmu since then; vim.exe is Bram's build; colorscheme is a
      tweak of calmar256_dark.

      There is the minor annoyance of occasionally needing to hit Ctrl-L.

      One other thing is that misspelled words are underlined and so don't
      look as good as in gvim (in gvim, they are shown with squiggles) -- but
      perhaps this can be fixed by tweaking the colorscheme.

      --Suresh