141561Folding disapear when reopening the same file in a new window

  • aleCodd
    Mar 17, 2014
      I find the filding feature too volatile.

      It disapears and expands way too often.

      What bothers me the most, is when I fold manually, let's say, and reopen the
      same file in another window or another tab....what happens is that the
      folding in the first file is gone..

      I tried to manually set mkview...did not help

      I even tried to do the autocmd suggested in vim manual, so I copied the 2
      lines of:

      Au BufWinLeave *.c mkview
      Au BufWinEnter *.c loadview

      And still doesn't help.

      So any suggestion to make the fold feature more controllable...because as
      for now..I feel like it decides on its own when to keep or get rid of the
      folding without any consistent and documented mannar