141179Re: How to capitalize the first letter of each word?

  • Bee
    Feb 8, 2014
      On Saturday, February 8, 2014 9:57:26 AM UTC-8, Bee wrote:
      > On Saturday, February 8, 2014 7:06:51 AM UTC-8, Tim Chase wrote:
      > > On 2014-02-08 08:53, Peng Yu wrote:
      > > > I need to capitalize the first letter of each word within a visual
      > > > block. Is there a quick way to do it vim? Thanks.
      > > You might try
      > > :'<,'>s/\%V\<./\u&/g
      > > which could be easily mapped if you do it frequently.
      >
      > I have been using:
      >
      > " Titlecase A Line Or Selection
      > vmap \<F6> :s/\%V\<./\u&/ge<cr>
      > nmap \<F6> V\<F6>
      > imap \<F6> <C-O>\<F6>
      >
      > I have incsearch set and would like to turn off highlighting after the search. I have a mapping to do this manually:
      >
      > " manually disable search highlight
      > nmap <silent> <F4> :nohlsearch<cr>
      > imap <F4> <C-O><F4>
      > vmap <F4> <esc><F4>gv
      >
      > I tried to combine the search replace with nohl but it did not work:
      >
      > vmap \<F6> :s/\%V\<./\u&/ge<cr> | :nohlsearch
      >
      > Is there a way to do this?

      Thank you for this thread...

      I decided to try other options,
      such as changing only lowercase letters:

      vmap \<F6> :s/\%V\<\l/\u&/ge<cr>

      When the substitute is complete,
      there are no longer any lowercase letters and
      therefor no highlighting!

      Also this seems to be useless:
      imap \<F6> <C-O>\<F6>